My homage to my Seattle Seahawks!
Beast Mode Cookies (Lemon Mascarpone Cookies with Skittles)
Makes 20 cookies
4 oz Butter, softened
3 oz Mascarpone Cheese, softened
¾ cup Granulated Sugar
1 Lemon, zested
3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Salt
2 Egg Yolks
2 cups All Purpose Flour
¾ cup Skittles (original, wild berry)
1 cup sugar
1 ea lemon, zested
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of stand mixer, cream butter, mascarpone cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, lemon zest,
lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Cream until smooth.
3. Scrape down the mix, add the egg yolks and mix until combined.
4. Add the flour and mix until half combined. Add the Skittles.
5. In a food processor (or a medium sized bowl) process 1 cup of sugar and the zest of 1 lemon
until well combined. (you will roll the scooped cookies in this mixture before baking).
6. Scoop with a #24 ice cream scoop (red handle) into sugar mixture (or into heaping balls of
dough). Roll the cookies around in the sugar mixture until evenly coated and then place on a
baking sheet. Flatten the cookies to ½” tall disks.
7. Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, until the edges are set and they feel firm in the middle.
8. Cool and eat. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.